Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mentions of Jason and his Area

I often read the blog of a Sister that serves in the same district and was in the MTC with Jason..here are some excerpts from her blog where she either mentions Jason or describes the area he is serving in with much more detail then we have gotten from Jason...

DESCRIPTION OF LAS ARADAS WHERE JASON IS SERVING...

Our ward has joined with the branch in Las Aradas, so we now have a whole new area to go visit full of members and less actives!  The first day we went to the other area to meet some of our new members Hna. Cardenas and I were practically crying of joy.  I'm not even exaggerating when I say this area was EXACTLY what me and my companion had dreamed the mission would be like, minus the fact that it's pretty dangerous so we can't go there without a priesthood holder and it has to be during the daylight.  But besides that it's GORGEOUS!  Literally the area of my dreams, it's pretty much just tropical farmland with wooden and mudhuts, and jungle.  I love it!  Every time were done tracting in that area my shoes are coated with mud but it's beyond worth it.  One day I will try to take a picture of where we are because it really is picturesque tropical farmland, with this breathtaking view of the mountains in the distance

JULY FOURTH...

I hope you all had a splendid fourth of July for me, full of lots of homemade bombs for you crazy pyro's out there, watermelon, bbqs, and all of that fun stuff.  I definitely completely forgot that it was the fourth yesterday until I showed up at the zone conference and saw all the gringo hermanas dressed in red white and blue.  Good thing I dressed somewhat patriotic so I could be in my awkward cheesing picture I'm about to send you as well :) I was a little disappointed to not see any fireworks in the sky, so Elder Richardson and I started singing the national anthem last night while imagining some huge fireworks going off in the sky.  Haha it was pretty funny, our companions thought we were a little loco.

GAME...

This family has this fun prank/game for all of the new missionaries "bienvenidos," And apparently they were scared of me the first few weeks so they didn't do it to me until this week.  I couldn't help but think it was hilarious that this family was actually scared of me the first few weeks!! I guess I know things are really starting to get better for me because people are trusting me enough to tell me that they were scared of me the first few weeks apparently ;) Lizeth Romagoza played this game called "pippity pippity pow" with me and the other newby, Elder Richardson.  It's pretty much just a follow the leader game, but you're distracted with following what the leaders doing that you don't realize that someone just put a sopping wet rag on your seat to sit on.  Haha it was pretty funny and embarrassing, good thing I didn't have any other lessons to go to that night with this huge wet stain on my butt... embarrassing

No comments:

Post a Comment